Monday, November 18, 2013

Better Understanding of Motion Maps

The issue revolving around motion maps on my last blog post and class discussion has been somewhat resolved. I add "somewhat" to that sentence because this is my interpretation of the meaning. My interpretation derives from the discussion done in class and could differ from another student present during our class conversation. What I took from the whole thing is that the dots represent where the object is at a specific time interval. My understanding of motion maps were clear until I stepped foot into Physics class that morning. People were bringing up questions I never even thought about. My understanding became blurred due to all the questions. It became confusing but I finally came up to a final definition for the dots on motion maps. Let's look back to the worksheet shown on the previous post and analyze some problems.
The two problems may have a similarity, which is that their lines are linear, but not on the same position on the velocity vs. time graph. Their motion maps are not at all similar. What Do They Mean on the Motion Maps? The first and second motion maps mean exactly what the explanation on top of the motion maps reads. Motion Map Meanings: 1) The object is moving away from the reference point in a positive direction at a constant/steady speed. 2)The object is standing still. What I've learned: Velocity vs. time graphs do not have slopes

No comments:

Post a Comment